2010 certainly was awesome. In fact, it was without a doubt my favorite year EVER!
Some of the highlights?
- Finding out we were expecting our first child on Valentine’s Day weekend!
- Spending a week in March in Ireland with my mom and my sister, surviving driving on the right side of the car on the other side of the road, and having a wonderful adventure!
- Traveling in May to San Francisco, to Chicago, and to Omaha, the latter two spots I had never visited before, getting to see two different baseball stadiums and games in the process!
- Celebrating my 2nd wedding anniversary in June!
- Having an absolutely, unbelievably perfect wedding season that started with a bang in April and ended at the very end of September. I love all of the couples I got to work with – I truly believe wedding planners and couples find each other for a reason, and there is a perfect planner for each couple. I worked with some beyond talented vendors and enjoyed a “dream team” scenario in every wedding I planned and coordinated. I can’t pick a favorite photo from such a busy season, but this one exemplifies why I do what I do and what inspires me to keep doing it: the joy that is the essence of every wedding day I’ve ever been a part of.
- Welcoming these teeny, tiny feet into the world at the end of October. Awakening every morning to a smile that touches my heart in a way I could never imagine or describe. <3
- Planning and prepping for my 2011 couples! I cannot wait for your beautiful days! As always, thank you for inviting me along on the sweetest journey.
If I was a flower growing wild and free
All I’d want is you to be my sweet honey bee.
And if I was a tree growing tall and green
All I’d want is you to shade me and be my leaves
If you were a river in the mountains tall,
The rumble of your water would be my call.
If you were the winter, I know I’d be the snow
Just as long as you were with me, when the cold winds blow.
If you were a wink, I’d be a nod
If you were a seed, well I’d be a pod.
If you were the floor, I’d wanna be the rug
And if you were a kiss, I know I’d be a hug
All I want is you, will you be my bride
Take me by the hand and stand by my side
All I want is you, will you stay with me?
Hold me in your arms and sway me like the sea.
Happy 2011! May it bring us all lots of love, blessings, and laughter.